Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Beginning

I have been thinking for awhile that it was time to start blogging! I've used facebook as my primary way to communicate with family and friends what is going on in our lives.  The problem is that all those random posts are lost. So here I am! 
Where we are at now: We started a home preschool program for Emmalyn on Tuesday. Day one was a success, but we've already hit a snag. Bentley fell and broke his foot Tuesday evening. So Wednesday was spent running to doctor's, Thursday was waiting and attempting to find anything for Bentley to do to keep him off his foot, and Friday was spent running to doctors again. But now Bentley has a cast and we've got the weekend for him to adjust. Monday we can get back on track! 
 
So he is a picture of Bentley with his cast on. This was right after we got home from the doctor's office. He's still grumpy and clingy, but so much better with this on then when he had the ace bandage.Tonight we get to figure out how to give him a bath. Its water proof but will collect water in the heel so we can't submerge it. For a little man who loves bath time, it could be difficult. Lol. Look at what a sweet big sister Emmalyn is? She has been great with Bentley's "boo boo." She reminds him to be careful, distracts him when he is fussy, and is super gentle around his foot (esp when he just had the ace bandage). And with all the attention Bentley has required, she has taken it in stride.

And little Miss Emmalyn just announced "I pee peed on the potty." Loudly. Very loudly. Its been over a week accident free! I'm thinking I'll even take her to story time on Monday in big girl underwear. As much as I've been looking forward to her hitting this milestone, I'm so sad to see her growing up so quickly! And of course this stage has its own set of challenges. I think I need to learn where all the bathrooms are at all the places we go to. 

So that's where we are at. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment